Welcome to South Plaquemines High School registration and records page. This page was designed to provide information regarding registration, withdrawals and records. It is subject to change and will be updated periodically. If you have any questions regarding registration, please send an email to [email protected].
The Registration Process
New Students Entering SPHS:
The Plaquemines Parish registration requirements and all registration forms are provided on the SPHS webpage. All required documentation must be current and presented at the time of registration.
All required documents and completed registration forms must be turned in together in order for registration to be complete. Please be advised. Upon review of electronically submitted documents, further information may be requested.
Registering for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Electronic Early Registration: Opens April 20, 2020. Please note, an email confirmation will be sent once registration is considered complete. It could possibly take until July 2020 to receive an email confirmation.
- In person regular registration: Monday, July 27th- Thursday, July 30th, 8am-2pm
- Last Chance registration: July 31st, 8am-2pm
- Both electronic and in person registration closes at 2pm on July 31st and will not resume until August 7th at 8am.
Note: To complete the registration packet electronically, please see the attachments. Email completed packet and all required documents to [email protected]. Please be advised that upon review of electronically submitted documents, further information may be requested.
Scheduling of all new students to the district:
- Once electronic registration is complete, all new students will be notified by a counselor and advised on the scheduling process.
- New students who register in person will be scheduled at the time of registration.
The Withdrawal Process
Students Transferring Out of SPHS:
If a student is transferring to another school from SPHS, the parent or guardian of the student must officially withdraw the student. This must be done in person in the Counselor’s Office. Please be prepared to provide a forwarding address and phone number, as well as the name and phone number of the new school the student is transferring to. All outstanding fees must be paid in full at the time of withdrawal. All textbooks and materials must be turned in at the time of withdrawal.
The parent or guardian must come into the counselor’s office to complete the withdrawal form and letter of intent to transfer.
Change of Records
Student Record Updates:
All student record updates must be changed through the counselor’s office. This includes address change, name change, phone number change etc…. Furthermore, if an address change goes un-reported and sent mail is returned to SPHS, proof of current residency will be required. Failure to provide requested documentation may result in an exclusion letter being issued to the student for failure to comply with parish guidelines.