With the implementation of Common Core State Standards, there are going to be some changes to State Testing. Here is a breakdown of some of the changes your student should expect to see. Here are some things that may be useful in preparing your student(s) for the test:
- The Writing Prompt is the biggest change. This (more rigorous) prompt will ask students to produce evidence based writing from at least two passages.
- There will be a "field test" embedded item (which requires reading and evidence-based response) in tests for grades 3,5,6 and 7.
- MATH will appear more rigorous, this is a result of the low level questions being removed from the test.
- The removed math questions are based on the GLEs that will not be taught with Common Core State Standards.
- The items that remain are based on the Grade Level Expectations that will remain for Common Core State Standards.